Thursday, May 10, 2012

A lighter fare::Asparagus & Prosciutto Melts

***Hello All, I found this in my drafts(from a long time ago)... thought I would still share.

Fresh asparagus is one of my favorite veggies! I was thrilled whenever I moved to Ohio to find Thane's family has a few patches, which they most generously share with us (:

Here is a sandwich melt that I came up with last year when I needed a quick meal one evening.

 * a little tip
[wither picking fresh or from the grocery] ....

 store in a little water in the fridge- stays fresher 
Slices of  sourdough bread lined up on baking sheet
Spread on the basil pesto
homemade would be extra yummy but I didn't have any at the time

 Prosciutto
or ham works great also


Asparagus cut to size
Steam 3 mins

Place asparagus on top of prosciutto  

Top with cheese. Broil 5 mins.
(I used muenster cheese this time
but mozzarella or provolone would be good also.) 


And enjoy
 ....one or two or if like me, three (:

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my. (sigh of bliss) I do love all those ingredients...cant wait to try it. Gotta pick up some Prosciutto and sour dough first. I just found a recipe for an asparagus tart with Gruy'ere cheese. It is amazing also. I will put if up on HOQ before the season is over, hopefully. Thanks for this idea. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete