Thursday, July 2, 2009

{Sweet Things :: Fruits, Homemade Creme Fraiche & Flowers}





My afternoon snack;



I was craving something healthy.....er I mean.. creamy-creamily. So out came some sliced strawberries left over from this morning and then some yellow peaches I had picked up today and....then.... I found the creme fraiche...oooh that is what hit the spot, oh and fine I also added a tad bit of brown sugar to make it even sweeter.






I sat.............


still..................................


without being interrupted............................


and slowly enjoyed my treat !



my babies were fast asleep.........






---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Now that bible study is on hold until fall I'm not making weekly trips right pass Trader Joe's. So I went looking and found some recipes online for "Homemade" Creme Fraiche that look easy to make here soon when my last container in the fridge is empty. Thought I would share.




Homemade Crème Fraîche # one



Makes 1c

1/2c heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized)

1/2c whole sour cream


1. In a small bowl, stir together the heavy cream and sour cream.

2. Store mixture in a non-reactive container such as a glass bowl or jar; cover and let stand in a warm place for 12 hours.

3. Stir and refrigerate for minimum of 24 hours before serving.

4. Keep leftovers refrigerated.







Homemade Crème Fraîche # two



1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup cultured buttermilk

Pour ingredients into a clean sterile jar with cover and shake to combine well. Allow to sit at room temperature overnight or until mixture begins to thicken. Shake and refrigerate. Use within one week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




My beautiful birthday flowers given by my beloved TJB last week.

Sadly they now are on their way out

-------------------------
{NOT a Sweet thing}
I had a long confession in my mind. time has run out. here is the short...
Night of my birthday. Thane came home.
I POUTED
[ie- sulked,grumped etc,etc]
because of what I thought was non specialty treatment I had received on my birthday.
[ie-nothing for me..me..me]
I walked into the kitchen to see a large beautiful array of flowers!
I was very ashamed.
I profusely apologized.
He accepted and still loves me.
Is my selfish lesson learned?
Probably not but hopefully the experience will bring me a step closer to what God is molding me into.
Thank you Lord for being so merciful and giving me such a loving & gracious husband.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who has POUTED because I felt like I wasn't treated the way I thought I should be!
    Praise be to God our husbands forgive us and still love us:-)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb....how brave of you to confess pouting over such a silly thing. I have done it many times over the years. my hubby was raised not celebrating bdays and I was raised that the bday person is SPECIAL!!! Took a few years to even us out!! Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete